Friday, November 14, 2008

Principal's Call

I have a phobia everytime I see my mobile ringing with Happy Family flashing on my screen. "NOT AGAIN?!" I thought.

It's a busy Friday at work & my advertiser simply was not organised in her ad placements. She was indecisive & I was on the line with her for 20 mins!! Filed the page, refreshed again cos she forgot something. Nevermind that..the worse is I cant really concentrate with her when I am wondering why the school called me a 2nd time in a week.

Sure enough, bad news AGAIN. Arrgh!! I must be the most stressed out mummy when I heard from Jessica (Chloe's principal) that she hurt herself again. This time she lost balance while trying to get off a chair & somehow she fell & hurt her nose. Chloe's left nostril bled & her upper lips was slightly bruised. Jessica assured me Chloe is ok & I asked how she fell. Initially I thought naughty Chloe might have climbed up the chair while playing. But Jessica said otherwise. I didnt want to blame the school as I believed they are telling me the truth. As long as Chloe is fine, I am relieved. She could have fallen when the teacher's attention is on other kids. Well this could happen in a busy classroom of 11 kids.

I left office early today as I wanted to make sure that Chloe is alright. Apart from the dried blood at the entrance of her nostril & the slightly darker colour from the bruise on her upper lip, Chloe is her usual self. She is very active & happy. Now I can really heave a sigh of relief.

No comments: