Thursday, August 7, 2008

In Good Hands Again...


This morning I sent Chloe to my aunt's place instead of going to my sister's place at Hougang. Aunt called 2 days back & reported that uncle is making good progress after his operation & she could help me care for Chloe again. The night before, I explained to Chloe that Gu Po will take care of her while I go to work. However, Chloe kept shaking her head when I asked if she wants to go to Gu Po's place.

Just as I had feared, Chloe refused to be carried by Gu Po this morning. She seemed to have forgotten about Gu Po during this one month! After some coaxing, Chloe finally allowed Gu Po carry her while I waved bye bye to her in the car.

This is a relief for both Pete & I as it's time consuming & tiring for Pete to travel by bus every morning. He has to leave the house at 640am in order to beat the traffic & reach his office in time when he is in the morning shift. When Pete needs to work late till the next morning, he needs to come home & bring Chloe to my sis place before he can finally get a good sleep.

It will be another month before Chloe officially goes to childcare. There will be another round of adapting & adjusting to her new environment again. For now...the folks in the Hougang family are already missing her :)

No comments: