Sunday, June 8, 2008

端午节


Duan Wu Jie (5th day of the 5th month of the Lunar calender) is a widely celebrated Chinese festival among the Chinese community. It is to commemorate the patriotic poet QU YUAN in ancient China.

Today, Pete & I with mum in law had a mini picnic at the Botanical Gardens. Of cos we brought dumplings along with us to celebrate the occasion. I wanted to let Chloe have her first taste of ZONG ZI (棕子)during our outing, on 2nd thoughts, I did not. I will let her try glutinuous rice when she is slightly older. The weather was fantastic, it was cloudy but breezy. I wouldnt have enjoyed the walk if it's a bright sunny day!







We proceeded on to starhub at Plaza Singapura to upgrade my plan & yes! I changed my modem FINALLY! Chloe had cold mineral water from the bottle at Carrefour cos we have forgotten to pack her water bottle in a hurry :P

The rest of the afternoon was spent food tasting along East Coast Road. Chloe finally fell asleep after missing her morning nap upon arrival. As we strolled along the shops leisurely, we noticed the row of shops selling mostly food. From Peranakan, to Chinese, to Western & Japanese food. We had Katong laksa (of cos!), went on to tabao some dumplings at 'Kim Choo', then stopped over for more food at Ampang Yong Tau Fu & crossed over the street to 'Chin Mee Chin confectionary' for kopi O & some delicious custard puffs for dessert ..Mmmmm YUMMY! Wow! YES! we ate NONSTOP while our baby is sleeping away...Wat indulgence :P

Katong Laksa

Kim Choo Rice Dumplings

Ampang Yong Tau Fu (My favourite is the Quails eggs & Brinjal)
A Must Try! Chin Mee Chin Custard Puffs

No comments: