Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Monthly Check Up

I am in my 24th week now. How time flies. I've gained about 2.5kg since my last visit one month ago. Baby is of average weight now at 700g. He is an active boy. During the ultrasound scan yesterday, we can see him moving & making sucking movements with his mouth :)

Doctor Wong compared my current weight gain with Chloe's time. I started 3kg heavier. However I've gained less compared to the same period then. Boy I am kinda happy to hear that. I definitely do not want to weigh more than I should before I reach my last trimester!

At this moment, I am beginning to feel the strain especially when I walk too fast or up hill. At times when I am stressed out, I experienced braxton hicks as well. My tummy would get so tight & uncomfortable that I can literally lie down (if i can find a place) & stroked on my tummy nonstop. Only then, would I feel better & relaxed. If not, I would be seen walking with my legs slightly open (yes i think its quite unsightly!) & hugging my bump like holding a heavy watermelon.

Hopefully, I wouldn't experience more of these discomforts that soon.


No comments: