Monday, February 8, 2010

Hello my IDOL!

Pete got a pair of entry tickets to the live telecast of the Lunar New Year Carlsberg variety show at Mediacorp. So we set off at 5.30pm to Caldecott Hill.

This trip is kind of disappointing as I did not know that we are going for a show that is filmed LIVE. No big deal if it's only me & Pete going. I felt so guilty after the trip that till now, I am still blaming myself. I was thinking from Pete's description that we are only going for some 'open hse' at Mediacorp. Hence, I did not prepare food or milk for Chloe.

The live show started at about 7pm with the host 'teaching' us when to clap, when to cheer. This is an eye opener for me as I have not been to a live show at all. It's really entertaining intially, there are many breaks in between for props & stuff. Hence a typical 2 hour variety show can last twice as long! This was the time I got worried. Chloe did not have anything to eat before the trip, I had a pathetic 2-3 candies in my bag & her water bottle. By about 8, she is starting to get impatient & cranky.

Chloe however got to see her Idol in the channel 8 drama TOGETHER. She kept asking for 'xiao bei', Dai Yang Tian's name in the drama series. She saw him sing & kept asking for him after the song. It's quite funny I thought, cos i kept telling her excitedly see XIAO BEI? to engage her in the show for fear of her being bored. It seems mummy is the one more excited than her haha!

We ended the night earlier before the actual show finishes & rushed back home in a cab. Never will I miss to pack any food in Chloe's bag again. This is the first time she did not have her milk/ dinner till 11.30pm!!!










*ps anyone notice my short hair now? :P

No comments: