Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's Over ...

I went for my scheduled appointment with Doc Wong yesterday morning. Before the ultrasound, I was still hoping that baby will grow after I diligently took the hormone tabs. I started to sense something is not quite right when we still couldnt detect baby from the ultrasound. We had to do a V scan again to take a closer look.

Baby grew..but to a mere 1mm from the previous 4.9mm. What I realised soon was that there was no more heart beat..This got my tears flowing immediately while Doc Wong explained to me that baby need to be an even bigger size in order for the pregnancy to progress.

I tried to keep my mind as calm as possible while Doc Wong explained the procedures of the D&C to be done this Friday. I told Chloe before her bedtime that baby is not going to survive in mummy's tummy. I guess she doesn't understand, constantly telling me yes...& smiling innocently at me.

I am on medical leave this week. Hopefully I can take this time to bond more with Chloe n take my mind off work for the time being.

4 comments:

PRIMA said...

big hug to you Kat!

Sharon said...

Sorry to hear your loss.
Most important thing is to nurse back your health first.

hugzz...

Mommy Mash said...

*hug hug*

take good care of yourself...

Blurbelle said...

dewi, sharon, mash tks.. i m coping fine .