Sunday, June 28, 2009

An Afternoon @ Tampines Stadium

In order to lend our support to the poor little girl Charmaine (http://ourfeistyprincess.blogspot.com) who is down with a rare cancer, we decided to spend Sunday afternoon at the Tampines Stadium.

A fund raising event was set up by Singapore's soccer star Rafi Ali to help the family with the $500K medical bills.

Though I am not really a soccer fanatic, I do remember watching Rafi Ali, Fandi Ahmad, Abbaas Sadd, Steven Tan, Lim Tong Hai etc play in matches against states in Malaysia. Those were the Malaysian cup days. Somehow, I got excited over the matches that I even bought the New Paper almost daily just to catch up with the scores & upcoming matches. That was years ago..

Today, right at the stadium, I got to see the soccer stars back in action again (from afar though haha) & yet still raise fund for charmaine & spend time with my family.




No comments: