Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'm So Worried ...

We just got back from dinner with Gong Gong when Chloe cried for attention & wanted to be carried. At that instant, I merely thought Chloe is throwing tantrums again. I went over to pacify her & removed her school pants at the same time, intending to bath her. What I saw gave me a shock.

Chloe's calves suffered some insect bites yesterday evening when we were out. We caught her scratching her legs & noticed the red bumps on her skin then. I applied tea tree after her bath for her when we got home. Little did I know that they had
become hard & swollen now. The skin around the bites is taut.

I did not wait any longer & carried Chloe to the GP immediately. The doc could not assure me that her condition will not get worse. All I was asked is to watch out & monitor her temperature & if the swollen part will get any worse. The doctor pressed hard on the area while distracting Chloe. She did not seem to cry from the pressure.

I hope for the best tonight & Chloe will have to go back for a review tomorrow morning.

No comments: