Tuesday, January 29, 2008


At 10 months, there isn't really any word I can hear Chloe pronouncing except for the ba, pa, ma, ahHhhh, urh sounds she makes. Occasionally, she will go Trrr...Aye? on her own followed by clapping her hands.

She seems to pay more attention to words or rather sounds I make out of the animals. Eg) Moo when she is listening to her CD on nursery rhymnes on the Cow jumping over the moon. When I sing the Meow Meow song ,she will look up from what she's doing and smile at me. One animal she particulary likes is the cat. When she sees a stray cat at the foot of my block, she will make out the sound ehhh! to show her excitement.

However, this morning when I was inside the lift alone with Chloe, I heard her mutter the word OPEN. I was thinking to myself if I heard her wrongly. After finding out from my auntie who's been caring for her, I am pretty sure she did muttered the word OPEN! I did not really teach her to say the word 'open' except for one occasion when I was opening & closing my palms while playing with her.

No comments: