Friday, November 13, 2009

Jigsaw Again

Chloe seems to be getting the hang of doing jigsaw puzzles nowadays. Especially so when she is away from school due to her rashes. She would ask me to bring out some puzzles for her to complete.

I enjoy doing the puzzles with her. Sometimes when Chloe has problems completing a certain part of the puzzle, she will get frustrated & tell me she can't do it. She would request me to sit down with her to guide her along. I am still trying to test her patience as we feel that Chloe needs encouragment in this area. Completing her puzzle really help boosts her self esteem as we would always cheer her on everytime she puts on the final piece.

Doing jigsaw not only tests her memory & patience, this educational activity also engages her & keeps her mind active. It teaches her problem solving skills, fine tune her motor skills. At least, I think it's better than watching hi-5 & Hello Kitty cartoons all the time when I am busy with my chores!




No comments: