Friday, May 22, 2009

Date With Pete

I have been pretty tired of my life recently.. working, hurrying home, working hurry home, numerous trips with & w/o Chloe to our almost complete home etc..it's like a cycle & never ending. I wish I can take a break from the daily routine & away from work.

Yes I did, together with Pete. We went together to the crocs sale at EXPO today just to find good deals since my pair of mary janes is pretty worn out. We arrived early at 8am although the sale only starts at 10am! Already before us are approximately 40 people ahead in the queue. We had dropped Chloe at the childcare centre earlier today just to get there in time as we anticipated the huge crowd that was going to be there. In about 45 mins, we are done with our shopping leaving the event hall $100+ poorer.

Then we headed to Tampines One impromptu since we are nearby. I do not really want to go there on a weekend when I have to jossle with the crowd. It's a pretty new building not as big as I thought. We walked around the shops at our own pace, enjoying our time alone together. We had lunch at the Japanese food court called Manpuku Japanese Gourmet Town which I had seen on TV. I had wanted to try the much hyped fruit tarts freshly made on the spot by the chef. So after my Tempura Udon & Salmon Sashimi, Pete came back after nearly 25 mins in the queue with the most awsome fruit tart I had ever tasted. The cost of the tart is not cheap at $7.80 per piece. But i truely enjoy the light n fluffy texture of the tart, topped with mangoes so sweet that they just melt in your mouth. I would surely go back for more!





After a sumptuous lunch, we headed across the building for a movie together. It's a completely different atmostphere at the ticketing counter with students mostly in uniforms queueing for tickets. I even made a remark to Pete that if I ever catch Chloe in her uniform next time, she will get it from me. Well...we shall see in about 15 years from now?

No comments: