Wednesday, May 27, 2009

After 2 Years ....


I went for my gynae appointment at ACJ this evening to see Doc Wong. It's been almost 2 years since Chloe was born. We are ready to take on another challenge.

I am about 6 weeks pregnant now according to the scan today instead of the expected 8 weeks which I thought due to the fact that I might have ovulated late.

The ultrasound scan showed that the foetus was only a tiny 4.99mm. It could hardly be detected through the usual tummy scan. The size of the foetus compared to my last mens did not really tally. According to Doc Wong, it's quite small. This remark got me worried for awhile as we could not detect a heartbeat initially. Doc Wong explained that usually when a foetus is small it could be due to the fact that it's not growing well. During conception, the egg that was fertilized might not be that good due to the health state of the mother.

We could only be sure when I go back for a review 2 weeks later. At this moment, all I can hope is that this pregnancy will progress smoothly as my first one.

No comments: