Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Accident In School

I was calling my client at work when I received a call from my mobile yesterday afternoon. When I saw 'Happy Family' flashing repeatedly on my phone, I had a premonition that I just have to end my client's call. I was right.

Teacher Monica called & informed me that Chloe hurt herself during story telling time in school. She had sat down too quickly & lost her balance. Her body fell forward & her lips hit the corner of a chair. She bled immediately & cried according to teacher Monica. They immediately applied compression on the area to stop the bleeding. Luckily the corner of the chair was rounded, hence Chloe didnt get a sharp cut on her lip. She was ok when Pete fetched her in the evening. However, her appetite was poor. She did not finish her breakfast & lunch at school. Chloe also fell asleep while drinking her milk & only had 100ml of her milk. Dinner was just a few mouthfuls of fishball Kway Teow & worse of all she had red rashes on her bottom. She cried bitterly when I bathed her. I had to pacify her & get on with the washing up as fast as I could.

When I scrutinised on Chloe's lips this morning, the top centre part of her lip is still red & slightly swollen. Her bottom is slightly better, it is still red but she did not scream when I applied a thick layer of Desitin cream on her. I guess it will take a few days to heal. Poor Chloe.

No comments: