Friday, July 11, 2008

A Pleasant Surprise


This morning, Chloe surprised me again while I was busy getting ready for work. I was applying powder & she looked at me & said ''Pow ber''. I looked at her a second time as I did not believe my ears. I ask her : Powder? She replied ''Pow ber'' again while holding her balance standing on my bed. This is such a pleasant surprise for me on a busy morning.

I've been repeating this word to Chloe quite recently while changing diapers for her. When she is grouchy & refuse to lie still for me to change her, I would pass her a bottle of powder to hold & said 'POWDER'. She would then be pre-occupied playing with it till I finish changing her.

A second surprise followed while on the way to my sister's place in the car. Chloe was playing with a tin of barley & she threw the tin deliberately on the floor. Not wanting to be angered by her actions, I simply said : ''Chloe you throw away? Ok no more.'' Chloe then looked at me & replied ''No More'' while gesturing to me in her usual sign of telling me no more.

I feel that Chloe is pretty slow in her speech development for her age group. Her recent progress has been quite good. She can now say words like fish (ish), bread, mao (cat in Chinese) & not forgetting papa & mama.

I am looking forward to the day that we can 'TALK' to each other soon.

No comments: