Thursday, January 20, 2011

Welcoming The Year of the Rabbit

I have always preferred the Christmas season more than the Lunar New Year. The silver & gold on Christmas decors would appeal more to me compared to the clashing red & gold normally seen at Chinese festivals.

Somehow this year, I got the 'CNY mood' & decided to get some decorative stuff, cookies & tidbits just to FEEL the mood :P When I was young, my mother would gather my sisters around & we would help to hang little birds on pussy willow , tie red ribbons on the branches & even making lanterns out of red packets. These activities got us all in the mood & excited to welcome the lunar new year.

Pete & I went to Chinatown to source for couplets ie 春联 & other CNY decor without the kids. Besides soaking up the fun, I get some retail therapy with the shoppping.

Dragon/ Rat/ Pig/ Tiger - Our Chinese Horoscopes


Sights from our Chinatown visit





预祝大家兔年行大运,身体健康,万事如意!

No comments: