Friday, May 7, 2010

Counting Down to D Day

8 more days. I am slowly getting excited n waiting in anticipation for the arrival of my son Ethan. My son? Suddenly I feel quite emotional & there is a mixture of thoughts in my mind.

First, I am married (kind of late, but better than never? :P), then I have a beautiful girl who is 3 now. I never really imagine to get a son, not that I've always wanted a boy. Just not in my thoughts at all really. Soon, my family is going to be completed & there are many more responsibilities & hurdles I have to overcome in the near future. It's another phase of my life being a 2nd time mummy. It's wonderful feeling.

Although the planned c-section will only be on the 15th, I am already on my maternity leave. With the hectic schedule at work, I just wanted some peace n quiet time for myself, for Chloe before I get too busy with Ethan & for the newly appointed housemaid to get herself acquainted with her job. Not forgetting Pete, we intend to catch another movie before I popped.

My last check up with Doc Wong yesterdy was good. Ethan has grown alot for the past 2 weeks from 2.37kg to 2.9kg! I had actually lost abit of weight to my surprise. Looks like all the food I've been gobbling down recently did have some effect on my little prince :P The only discomfort came from my achy back & buttocks. Strangely, my feet is fine for this pregnancy. No pig trotter legs & water retention. So Pete is spared from the nightly rituals of foot massage he had to do compared to Chloe's time ha!

Surprise gift from Ethan to Chloe

Ethan's Barang

No comments: