Monday, September 21, 2009

Beach Outing With Ian



Before the long holidays come to an end, Irene suggested a trip to the beach, so the kids could play together. So we headed to the East Coast in the late afternoon after Chloe had a short nap. The weather was fantastically cool & windy.

Pete & I were hoping this trip would be more fun for us, we were silently praying that Chloe would be more relaxed & willing to step onto the beach this time with Ian around. In fact, it started quite okay when Ian held her hands as we strolled towards the beach. It was that far we could go till Chloe stopped on her tracks n simply refused to go any further. It somehow reminded her of the beach trip with me & pete about 2 weeks back. Then all you could see is fear on her face. She just stood rooted on the sand & cried hysterically. Tears streamed down her chubby cheeks till it wet her cute halter top. A non-deliberate push by Ian got her to lose her balance & she fell with her butt on the sand causing her to be in so much distress that she kept asking for me to bao bao her. I felt very much inclined to go to her rescue initially, yet part of me wanted her to be brave & embrace the nature. So I tried as much as I could to persuade her to join in the fun & even demo to her that water will wash away the sand on her feet. Alas, I succumbed to her wailing & that pitiful look on her face begging me to save her!

Numerous evidence of my poor little girl crying away..




Watching Ian play from a distance..


Contented just picnicing with Yi Zhang..


Ian having so much fun




The beautiful sand castles we saw today..


Something NATURAL...check out the white swirl in the middle of the picture.. a waterspout



No comments: