Thursday, January 29, 2009

Barney, Money & Mummy

Chloe does not really have a special cartoon character she likes until now. Her favourite programme currently is Barney. She would request me to switch on Barney on vcd after her bath every night. She would watch barney & sing along till she falls asleep. If the show is coming to an end & she is not sleeping yet, she would jump up & down & say 'More more'!

However Chloe has a problem pronouncing the word Barney everytime. She would say MONEY instead. I had an enjoyable time yesterday after dinner teaching Chloe how to pronounce Mummy as she addresses me as Mama most of the time. I was surprised she actually knows that daddy & mummy is the same as papa & mama.

The following is my conversation with Chloe while walking to NTUC after dinner yesterday.

Me: Chloe kiss mama
Chloe leans over n kisses me.
Me: Chloe, call mummy?
Chloe: MONEY
Me: No, MUMMY not money, say MUMMY?
Chloe: Money
Me: no no, it's MUMMY, me me me not NEE..ok?
Chloe: (trying very hard to follow me & watching my lips) me me
Me: Yes, clever girl say MUMMY
Chloe: Money
Me: (Inpatient) Mummy, me me (desperately trying to emphasis on the M sound)

Chloe, following this blurted out 'MAMA'! to save the trouble in pronouncing!!
Pete & I burst out laughing :)

No comments: