Monday, June 7, 2010

Exhausted!!

Just as I am nearing the last week of my confinement, my domestic helper is down with high fever. We brought her to the doc & have no choice but to handle the household stuff & kids without her help.

Handling a baby & an active toddler can be pretty nerve racking. As it's a weekend, Chloe is home. Needless to say, besides tending to the needs of Ethan, I have to take turns with Pete to care for Chloe as well. Chloe is constantly seeking attention. She would not sit still to watch any programme we play for her. If she sees me going into the room to breastfeed Ethan, she would want to join me thus creating extra frustration for me. She would step on the bed & disrupt the peace & quiet time I need. I am also careful not to hurt her feelings as she would cry at the drop of the hat if I reprimand her about hurting Ethan if she is not careful.

Chloe also takes forever to finish her meals whenever the food is not that appealing to her. In fact, she choked as she was not concentrating on chewing & bits of rice ended up splatted on the floor. Today is the first time I picked up the broom since the maid's arrival. Before that, I am accustomed to using a vacuum cleaner. As it's quite heavy to operate, I decided to just make do & use a broom instead.

My two dearies are fast asleep now. In no time, I have to get out the pump & start 'work' again. Hopefully, I will survive tomorrow without having an aching back & pounding headache!

No comments: