Monday, July 20, 2009

Mummy Don't Talk

It's amazing how fast our kids grow. From time to time, you hear your child struggling to pronounce one word & pick up new words. Then gradually, they begin to piece together that few words to form a simple sentence.

Communicating with Chloe is fun. She would normally respond with so much enthusiasm when she is trying to relate something to me.

It's especially funny on these 2 occasions:

Scene: In The Train
Pete was sitting beside Chloe when he began tapping his fingers on the train seats making a rhythmic sound. Chloe reacted by pushing his hands away. Pete, not bothered by her actions continued putting his hands on the seats & began tapping away trying to annoy her. This time round, Chloe responded by saying firmly: ''Put Your Hands Down!''. We were both amused & shocked by what she said. What a fierce little lady!

Scene: During bed time
Chloe: Mama pat pat.
Chloe had wanted me to pat her to sleep. I started patting her & seeing her angelic face in the dimmed bedroom, I just have to tell her how much she means to me.
Me: Mama Love you.
Chloe: I Love You
I felt the urge to tell her I love her very much again.. so without hesitating, I said ''I Love You'' again.
Chloe: Don't Talk

I have always told Chloe to stop talking when she is supposed to sleep. During bedtime, she would try to tell me things like what happened to her friend in school & if she has been a good girl that day. I would normally shut her up by saying, Dun Talk, sleep.

See? this is what you get in return. Hhaha!

No comments: