Thursday, April 16, 2009

Am I To Blame??



I read this article with interest this morning in office as the caption does really capture my attention. From the beginning, I am told that you should never force a child to eat when they do not want to. Try as much as possible to introduce a variety of food in their daily intake.

I eat mostly anything except for mutton & too fatty meat. I do admit I am not really a vegetable person. I love fruits & so does Chloe.

My girl like any other toddler tends to be picky of what she puts into her mouth. One moment she loves it, the next moment she will refuse & spit them out!
It can be quite frustrating to feed Chloe at times. What we eat, she may not neccessary like.

She doesn't like mushy, soft foods like porridge & fish. She loves food with crunch & texture like biscuits, crispy chicken, apples, water chestnut, most fruits & the stalk of vegetables. She doesnt really like bread, hardly eat rice & she chooses fish balls to meat balls which tend to be 'softer'.

You see, fish balls has the texture & 'bounce' in them, I can never manage to persuade Chloe to eat meat balls no matter how hard I tried, hide it? no way. This girl has got a tongue made from super sensors. She can tell & will immediately spit the food out!!

Maybe if I deep fry it, she might try them. So every introduction of food be it old or new variety might be met with REJECTION.

Am I to blame? Hmmm...

No comments: