Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Poor Darling Chloe Is Sick Again.....

I am updating this blog with a heavy heart cos Chloe is sick again. This time round she is diagnosed with diarrhoea & suspected of being lactose intolerant :(
To add on to this, Chloe has eczema around her mouth! This has been going on & off for about 1-2 weeks. Just as the rash is healing slowly on it's own without medication, I am thrown off by this bad news again.

Chloe's pediatrician suspects that the rash & diarrhoea might be inter-related. I am quite puzzled as Chloe is taking the current formula milk quite well as we have introduced to her for a good 1 - 2 mths. Well, at this time I guess I have to obey the doctor's advise to stop all milk to Chloe immediately & try on a lactose free formula. No veg & fruits for the time being too.

The diarrhoea actually caused much discomfort to Chloe especially her buttocks are red & painful although I've applied a thick layer of Desitin to her skin. This is due to the acidic content of her poo that resulted in the red & inflamed skin. Chloe cried buckets at the doctor's office & I was pretty worried n stressed up trying to comprehend the doctor's explanation & pacifying her with toys at the same time!

The damage to my pocket was a hefty $152.35 (yeah it's by far the highest!). Well...for the well-being of my baby what choice do I have? The nurse actually cautioned that the new formula milk is tasteless & my baby might not want to consume it! I just wish that Chloe will not reject the new formula milk that will be replacing her current one.

1 comment:

Dor said...

Hi,
How's Chloe now? Constance has diarrhoea on Tuesday too. I dare not use wetwipe to clean her backside so each time she poo, i used my hands to wash her backside with water. Dirty job hehe but that is how Wei Da mummies are. Now her stool still soft, my pd told me it can last up to 2 weeks. On the day she LS, we stop her FM, pd gave Pedisure but she refuse to drink it. So she survive whole day without milk. I just give her porridge, bread and lot of sugar/salted water. The flavored water help, you can try. Best if you give her drink like H20 (the non gas version of 100plus) to help her replenish the lost salt in her body. I gave her Yakult too. PD said yakult help to stop diarrhoea. Hope this info help.